Wye Oak

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wye Oak

Post by debeauvoir on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Wye Oak is an indie rock/folk duo, hailing from Maryland. Their style is a mixture of shoegaze, noise, and dream pop. Their recent record, Civilian, has received critical acclaim, and more recently, the title track was featured on the trailer for season two of The Walking Dead.

A fellow member, tip of your star, and I have been discussing how this record is one of the best this year. I am not sure if I would give it my number one spot just yet, but I would definitely put it in my top ten, no questions asked.

Any fans?
debeauvoir

http://bonjourfillebonjour.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wye Oak

Post by TheLifePursuit on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm

I'm a huge fan! Although, admittedly, I have yet to check out "Civilian", I still spin "If Children" and "the knot" quite regularly. It actually took me a while to get into "if children" because I'm usually not a fan of highly distorted noise pop, but really, their melodies are pretty much sublime. I saw a video of an acoustic set that they did after dismissing "If Children" initially and it made me go back and give it another go. I'm glad I did. "I Don't Feel Young" and "Tattoo" are my favorites. I need to download the new one, but I keep forgetting.

TheLifePursuit

Back to top Go down

Post by debeauvoir on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:10 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forum! (If you need anything or suggestions for other band threads, please hit me up!)

It's funny because I have only heard "Civilian." Which record and/or songs would you recommend? I got into them because I am a member of this livejournal indie group, and people kept praising this record, so I was like, hey, lemme give this a try. It took me a couple of listens for me to finally appreciate the mastery of this record. You should definitely check it out.
debeauvoir

http://bonjourfillebonjour.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum